Radebaugh offers the best selection of farm-fresh flowers, plants, and gifts. We are a premier floral design firm in Towson and the greater Baltimore metropolitan area. We offer local same-day and express flower delivery throughout Baltimore County. If you need to send an arrangement outside of the local area, we also provide nationwide same-day delivery anywhere in the U.S. Our main florist location is in the Baltimore area and located at 120 East Burke Avenue, Towson, Maryland 21286.
Baltimore’s Favorite Florist For Special Birthday Gifts
Fresh-cut flowers are such a wonderful gift to receive. Once they arrive, you can enjoy their scent and beauty. But, then what? After all, you want them to last as long as possible.
Here are some flower care tips to keep those fresh flowers looking as good as the day they arrived for as long as possible:
- Regularly change the water in the container where your flowers are displayed. The fresh, clean water will refresh the flowers versus leaving water in there for days that can become stagnant and encourage disease and mold.
- Give them flower food, which also nourishes them.
- Re-cut the stems at a 45° angle at one or two inches from the bottom of each steam. This process will reopen the seal from their last cut, helping the flowers get as much water as possible.
- Keep the temperature around 65 to 72 degrees F where they are kept because flowers feel comfortable in this temperature. However, don’t let it get any colder than that.
- Give them indirect sunlight. While they like the light, direct sunlight may end up damaging their blooms.
- Don’t put flowers next to vents, appliances, or electronics like TVs and computers.
While flowers don’t last forever, this type of flower care regimen can extend their life for as long as possible so you can keep enjoying that special gift someone sent you!